Leak

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

tnfarmboy
Read the full article

Re: Leak

Post by tnfarmboy »

I think I found it. It'a $175 with shipping. I'll call my Nissan dealer tomorrow and see if they will confirm the part number. If so I'll R&R whatever it takes.
Attachments
L.jpg
L.jpg (43.81 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

That is a nightmare

I'd be looking at a salvage yard,
or finding the male end somewhere and getting swagelok fittings
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
tnfarmboy

Post by tnfarmboy »

tbirdtbird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm That is a nightmare
I know, that's what I've been trying to say LOL.
tbirdtbird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm I'd be looking at a salvage yard, or finding the male end somewhere and getting swagelok fittings
Excellent idea!! Find one in a salvage yard and just cut it off in the straight part where it's crossing over the condenser and splice it in with a swagelok. I should have thought of that, fog brain set in apparently, lol.
Thanks tbirdtbird !!!
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

tnfarmboy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:50 pm
tbirdtbird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm That is a nightmare
I know, that's what I've been trying to say LOL.
tbirdtbird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm I'd be looking at a salvage yard, or finding the male end somewhere and getting swagelok fittings
Excellent idea!! Find one in a salvage yard and just cut it off in the straight part where it's crossing over the condenser and splice it in with a swagelok. I should have thought of that, fog brain set in apparently, lol.
Thanks tbirdtbird !!!
You'd need aluminum SwageLok metric fittings, so likely would need to order those. My suggestion would be to remove the front end stuff and then remove the condenser, that's what I'd do. See Posts 27 and 28 here https://www.clubfrontier.org/threads/20 ... 842/page-2
tnfarmboy

Post by tnfarmboy »

Cusser wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:26 pm You'd need aluminum SwageLok metric fittings, so likely would need to order those. My suggestion would be to remove the front end stuff and then remove the condenser, that's what I'd do. See Posts 27 and 28 here https://www.clubfrontier.org/threads/20 ... 842/page-2
No need to remove the condenser. The line is about 8.5mm OD. I'll stop by Fastenal tomorrow to see if they have the splice. The red line represents what will be replaced. I'll be sure the replacement line isn't stressed in the same place. I'll be chillin soon!
Attachments
Lsplice.jpg
Lsplice.jpg (192.03 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

tnfarmboy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:41 pm The line is about 8.5mm OD.
Good luck !!!

I'd remeasure, likely that line is 8mm o.d.
tnfarmboy

Post by tnfarmboy »

Just in case anyone is interested, I wound up getting the new line and it was actually pretty easy to install. I did a quick test and it seems to be holding pressure, so it's evacuating now.
Attachments
NewLine3.jpg
NewLine3.jpg (206.67 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Thanks for the update and good luck!
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

tnfarmboy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:33 pm ... it seems to be holding pressure, so it's evacuating now.

And?????