bosch/Behr Wing Cell (vane) compressor R134A

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

johnn635
Read the full article

bosch/Behr Wing Cell (vane) compressor R134A

Post by johnn635 »

Car is a 31 year old BMW M635CSi which was originally R12. I have a complete R134A seal kit for this compressor but wheh I dismantled it there was a disc of open mesh plastic gauze betwwen the housing and the outer of the pump body. What is this for? It is disintegrating so I cannot put it back. It may not be compatible with R134A. I proposed using a stainless steel coarse gauze instead. Any ideas out there?
John
johnn635

Re: bosch/Behr Wing Cell (vane) compressor R134A

Post by johnn635 »

For further inforamation, it appears to be a Nihon DKV-14B and the Sandtech site shows an illustrated diagram with the foam shown, but no part number. Four seasons seem to rebuild these compressors, so perhaps these are my nextt stop
John
ice-n-tropics

Post by ice-n-tropics »

The Bosch vane rotary was sold by BEHR and is not a suitable for R-134a retrofit due to elastomer incompatability long range.
Th "gauze" is a absorber for refrigerant oil which seeps past the shaft seal and could initiate clutch slip if not stopped.
hotrodac
richardacs

Post by richardacs »

John - just reading your old post re the fitment to your M635 - did you manage to successfully get the air con working? I'm having trouble finding replacement parts
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

You are responding to a 6 year old post. Suggest you start a new thread. And while we are at it, avoid 4-squeezins and avoid reman, they do NOT hold up
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com