Hi and Lo pressures? 2002 chevy 1500

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

kens1948
Read the full article

Hi and Lo pressures? 2002 chevy 1500

Post by kens1948 »

Hi All,
It has been a while since I worked on a 134a system. Can you tell me the correct pressures? I need to replace the Hi side service port, most of the refrigerant has leaked out. very little oil lost. Can I just remove and replace the Hi side port quickly then recharge with 134a? I know this is elementary to most of you but I know you can help.
Thanks much and have a great day,
Ken :?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Hi and Lo pressures? 2002 chevy 1500

Post by Cusser »

kens1948 wrote:Can I just remove and replace the Hi side port quickly then recharge with 134a?
I think a shop with the correct equipment can do this readily. A shop will also pull out all the refrigerant, weigh it, and add the correct amount. So that's what I recommend.

If you do the replacement, then you'd need to pull good vacuum, check for leaks, then add the correct amount of ounces of refrigerant. And of course use a good cap, that's important.
DarrylS

Re: Hi and Lo pressures? 2002 chevy 1500

Post by DarrylS »

kens1948 same here man it has been a while since I have messed with any auto ac except maybe recharging a couple of friends ac systems. I am looking at repairing the AC on a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder and signed back up on this great site today. Happy Easter Weekend.
If you have some prior experience and access to a set of gauges and a vacuum pump it is fairly simple.
To answer your question the low side should run in the mid 30's and the high side should be 250 to 300ish AC set to max doors open and blower on high at around 1200 to 1500 rpm Now of course this is all relative and dependent upon outside ambient and condition of your HX coils fan clutch etc. Always best to fix the leak / evacuate and recharge to factory refrigerant weight.