Continued from my previous thread: Plans for 90 civic A/C rebuild with newer gen Sanden compressor - remaining questions

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JohnHere
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: Continued from my previous thread: Plans for 90 civic A/C rebuild with newer gen Sanden compressor - remaining quest

Post by JohnHere »

The cleaned-up end looks pretty good. But from what I can tell, it still shows some pitting and an indentation where the o-ring goes. I would replace the line if you can locate one. Nothing worse than having to repeat the job due to a questionable component that fails right after completion.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
90efAACIF

Re: Continued from my previous thread: Plans for 90 civic A/C rebuild with newer gen Sanden compressor - remaining quest

Post by 90efAACIF »

Agreed. While that line is discontinued, it supposedly was the replacement for three other Honda part numbers, and all three of those are still in stock (whew), so I will be ordering it.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

For peace of mind, I think buying a new line will be money well spent.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.