A/C line help

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Jeremytbeau
Read the full article

A/C line help

Post by Jeremytbeau »

I just finished an LS swap in my jeep and I’m trying to figure out how to run my AC lines. Mainly it’s the high pressure line from compressor to the condenser. I’m curious what the preferred method to wrap this hose under the compressor and towards the condenser up front. I’ve searched everywhere for some type of hard adapter and can’t find anything. Would 2 beadlock 90s be my best bet? Image attached Image
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Re: A/C line help

Post by bohica2xo »

How about not under the compressor? And maybe not over the oil fill so you don't have to massage the discharge line when you put oil in it?

Standard adaptors give you a #8 and a #10 O ring connection pointing straight up. A 90 degree bead lock fitting will send the discharge line towards the fuse box, and you can route it to the top of the condenser as needed, probably under that air filter.

The suction line can use a generous 90 degree loop from the firewall to a bead lock fitting on the other port.
Jeremytbeau

Post by Jeremytbeau »

I like that idea. My condenser ports are down low, so perhaps I run a 90 down there to meet up with the line coming from the compressor. I’ll order some parts and see how it fits. Thanks for the help!

bohica2xo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:46 pm How about not under the compressor? And maybe not over the oil fill so you don't have to massage the discharge line when you put oil in it?

Standard adaptors give you a #8 and a #10 O ring connection pointing straight up. A 90 degree bead lock fitting will send the discharge line towards the fuse box, and you can route it to the top of the condenser as needed, probably under that air filter.

The suction line can use a generous 90 degree loop from the firewall to a bead lock fitting on the other port.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

Post some pics when you get it done.

Always nice to see a clean swap like that, and it may help someone else with the same problems