Old school ac

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Jag987
Read the full article

Old school ac

Post by Jag987 »

I saw this walking through a parking lot today and thought I would share it. This is personally the first time I have ever seen one, and it is even in use!!!! Feel free to geek out like I did. Image
I bought a can of freon at supermart. It had dye, oil, and stop leak in it. It also came with a hose and a gauge. Now I'm an ac professional!!!
matthewsterling

Re: Old school ac

Post by matthewsterling »

Amazing.!
DanielJohnson

Post by DanielJohnson »

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
ice-n-tropics

Post by ice-n-tropics »

Syria could be a hot place to grow up. I designed and tested and trained retro fit installers for military a/c for Iraq at MIL spec 130 deg F ambient using Coriolis flow meters for refrigerant side capacity calculations..
Old Tech: Dad would replace the bucket of ice under the heater floor vent outlet (Texas A/C) with a rented window mounted ram air swamp cooler (California A/C) as we crossed the Mojavi dessert headed to Grandma's house in Sierra Madre and Grampa's butcher shop in Monrovia California. We loaded the sump with cooled water from the rented front bumper mounted canvas water bag. Recovered rental deposit at the roadside date stand upon arrival on the west side of the desert. Next trip Dad got a hang on MARK IV A/C for his 54 Chevy from his pal John E. Mitchell Jr. A/C had a suction pressure regulator before clutches were invented so belts had to be removed in winter. John employed me out of high school for 13 years while I studied ME/Thermo and my boss was Orville Mitchell who had A/C inventions. God bless my mentors the 2 brothers, John and Orville, who guided my profession. Got'ta love A/C, Right? Got to work on calculations and drawings for Sanden compressor development.
Old tech could make a come back in Syria.'
Google: How to Air Condition Your Hot Rod