Building a air condition system

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

nhbalerman
Read the full article

Building a air condition system

Post by nhbalerman »

Hello I am a new member to this forum and have a project that I need some help on.
I have a New Holland selfpropelled baler that doesn't have a air conditioner in it the factory could install one but it was a option,the cab is small just a seat for the operator they came with the old ford square compressor and the condensor was separate with a fan running it like a pusher fan,I have another machine that has the same ac set up on it to go by
So do I need to find any condensor that size and hook up a pusher fan on it and find a small evaporator peobably 4"-6" -14 long or close to it and make a box to hold it in and put a fan behind it. All the other componetes I can get from automotive,is there anything like matching the compressor to the condensor and evaporator and expansion valve that I need to know? I think the original was from ford parts planning on using R134. I can work on ac units so it is not new to me but I dont know anything about building one
New Holland doesnt offer these parts any more and finding a used set up is very difficult,just figured that some of the components from old ford pickups will work
Thanks for the help
snorky

Re: Building a air condition system

Post by snorky »

i would look over the other machine's parts for numbers use the discontinued part numbers to look for used parts or old stock on the internet, as a last resort start measuring the parts to match them up as close as possible to whats available being sold or have it made for you. you will need the original style compressor so it will bolt up and have the correct belt pulley, the hoses can be made for you locally with pressure switch fittings.heck there may be a aftermarket kit available or someone selling a used kit on ebay.but you will need the kits part number or the individual part numbers to piece it together.
nhbalerman

Post by nhbalerman »

Thank you Mr.Snorky I will try that
nhbalerman

Post by nhbalerman »

Thank you Mr.Snorky I will try that