72 ranchero not cooling properly 134a system

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

bohica2xo
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: 72 ranchero not cooling properly 134a system

Post by bohica2xo »

Ok, you have all new components.

Obviously the one non OEM part is where the problem is.

The OEM TXV has a pressure reference line that was originally plumbed in to the POA valve. Now it is just plumbed in to an open pipe. The reference signal is no longer right.

I am presuming that the TXV bulb is clamped well to the evaporator line, and the whole assembly is properly insulated from engine heat?

Your blend door is working & sealing well?

POA valves were never considered "rebuildable" . There were never any internal parts for sale. So a "rebuilt" unit is repaired with what? Uh huh.

AMA has been around a long time. They sell a lot of parts, but do not specialize in NOS stuff like other companies. These forums have been around a long time too - recently the very old software became unsupported, and the old posts were archived. Many posters here have been doing this stuff since before that Ranchero was new.

Buy a NOS valve. Get it installed, and while you have the system empty, check the oil level in the crankcase of the York. Pump the system down & charge it.

Post some test pressures when you get it back together.

ANDREWOK1

Post by ANDREWOK1 »

I just bought one from ltd nos parts .can you tell me how to adjust ???? I understand from reading of course .you can adjustment is made by turning 7/32nd nut ccw for the setting of 26psi from 31 it said would be r-12 I do not know if this is correct >>>?? and each 1/8 of a turn is 2psi
GET IT !!! GOT IT !!!! GONE!!!!!!!!!!
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

bohica2xo

We are working on adding a Google search feature to the forum for the archived post.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
ANDREWOK1

Post by ANDREWOK1 »

Thank-you Tim if I end up bying a compressor I will talk to ac kits about it u have been very helpful
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Turning the POA 1/4 turn CCW should get you in the ball park for R134A. By the way, what part of Florida are you located?
ANDREWOK1

Post by ANDREWOK1 »

Ocala center of state 60 miles west from daytoona 60 miles north of Orlando/thanks for all of the help Doug-AND ALSO THANKS bohica2xo
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

I am onlt 24 miles west of you in Beverly Hills in Citrus County if you need help. i do not charge much. I can set you POA to 26PSI if you need it done. I have a fixture to set them up. I also have a tool to measure the oil in your York compressor. I also can charge that system with R12 and eliminate all of your problems.
ANDREWOK1

Post by ANDREWOK1 »

HI Doug TODAY I RECIEVED THE POA VALVE , I WILL BE GIVING YOU A CALL /ANDY