System design with GMA6 Compressor

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Savannarx3
Read the full article

Re: System design with GMA6 Compressor

Post by Savannarx3 »

Hi ice-n-tropics,, thanks for explaining the engagement bump. As noted, I plan to use an SUV or other large evaporator in the car, so I don't think the capacity of the A6 will be an issue for me. As noted I can't use a Vintage Air or other off the shelf system as they are all for left hand drive. Steering column won't be an issue, as it's on the right side of the car. The A/C will be on the left side. No issue.

bohica2xo, I appreciate your suggestions, but you seem not to understand. I want something that looks roughly period correct. I don't see why you can't appreciate that. You now suggest a compressor that is a further generation newer than a Sanden, which I've already said I think looks too modern. That's just not going to happen. It's not a points car, you are correct, but I will judge it every time I look at it. I know you think I'm compromising, but the way I see it, you are the one who is suggesting compromises, suggesting easy options in place of doing it right.

Yes, I still have the hot gas valve from the factory air, in fact I have two complete evaporator and hot gas valve setups, and at least one of every single part of the factory A/C system, as well as some doubles and triples. I have only the one A5 compressor though.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Re: System design with GMA6 Compressor

Post by bohica2xo »

I had wondered what happened to Graeme.