Not blowing cold air after charging

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

stevep38now
Read the full article

Not blowing cold air after charging

Post by stevep38now »

I recharged the AC and it blew cold air for several hours after that it stops blowing cold air. I hooked up the charger again and it showed that it was fully charged and I saw no evidence of a leak. I changed it again for a very short time, made 2minutes and it started blowing cold air again. Any ideas?
Dougflas

Re: Not blowing cold air after charging

Post by Dougflas »

System may be freezing up. Does the air flow out of the vents diminish? What are the before and after pressures? Lots of info has been left out. Does the clutch still operate? Does your compressor have a control valve in it?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Not blowing cold air after charging

Post by Cusser »

stevep38now wrote:I recharged the AC and it blew cold air for several hours after that it stops blowing cold air.
EXACTLY what did you add ???? I sure hope it did NOT contain any sealers !!!! The right way is to charge refrigerant (only) by weight; UV dye is OK. I must ask why you needed to recharge in the first place; if you had a leak, then that leak must be fixed first.

stevep38now wrote: I hooked up the charger again and it showed that it was fully charged and I saw no evidence of a leak.
This is ABSOLUTELY NOT the way to verify the charge level of a system !!!!

I'm not really yelling at you - I'll let the others do that !!!