AC Freon Fill

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Sailorman3
Read the full article

AC Freon Fill

Post by Sailorman3 »

Hello I’m new to the forum and not an expert in the AC field by any means. I have a 2010 Ford Escape that had front end damage and required a new condenser that I installed. I brought it to a garage to have it filled and they ran into a problem. They have a very advanced unit to fill the system so I think the problem must be in my vehicle. The AC was working prior to the accident. I removed the plugs that were in the openings of the fittings prior to installing the lines. The machine is able to pull a very good vacuum but then we get into the problem. The system takes 1.56 lbs of Freon. When it gets to .6 of a lb, the system will not take any more Freon and the machine gives a code of failure to fill. We are thinking a blockage somewhere. Would it possibly be a bad condenser. If it is I will just leave it with no AC because I really don’t want to take everything apart again. Any suggestions. Thanks.
PS. Does the compressor have to be running when filling because it was being filled with the car turned off.
Tim
Site Admin

Re: AC Freon Fill

Post by Tim »

Did you find the issue?
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum