Custom A/C system diagnostic

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

sittinlow88
Read the full article

Re: Custom A/C system diagnostic

Post by sittinlow88 »

Tim wrote:Hard to beat you listed pressures.

IS the capillary tube on the exp valve attached to the suction line and wrapped with moisture resistant tape?
The system is using the 99' Mercury OT, the TXV was removed as the plumbing was deemed too difficult at the time of installation...
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

sittinlow88 wrote:

IS the capillary tube on the exp valve attached to the suction line and wrapped with moisture resistant tape?
The system is using the 99' Mercury OT, the TXV was removed as the plumbing was deemed too difficult at the time of installation...
Personally, i would change back to a exp valve type system. Again your pressures look okay, maybe a little high on the low side for a CCOT system.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I did not even realize it could be a TEV guess my thoughts about changing the orifice can be thrown out the window. :)
I have a suburban and it uses a valve for the rear evaporator but a orifice for the front. Guess I need to stop relating auto air to residential and commercial, there is a difference. :)
“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Tim wrote:Personally, i would change back to a exp valve type system.
I totally agree!
“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-