99 Suburban AC hose with rubber ball valve - upgrade?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

markf1971
Read the full article

99 Suburban AC hose with rubber ball valve - upgrade?

Post by markf1971 »

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban with front & rear AC. The AC hose assembly has a schrader valve in one port and a rubber ball valve in the other post. I am hearing that this type of rubber ball valve is bad about leaking. My question is this....... Is there an upgraded replacement hose set that has a schrader valve in both ports instead using a rubber ball valve? Thanks!
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 99 Suburban AC hose with rubber ball valve - upgrade?

Post by Tim »

Not that I'm aware of. If you get a better image of the connection. I believe that primary valve is replaceable.

------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

If the system is currently working, I'd leave it be, and file information away for possible future use.

And remember that the valve cap is an important and necessary part of refrigerant leak protection.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Cusser wrote:And remember that the valve cap is an important and necessary part of refrigerant leak protection.
Your right, matter fact I called GM many years ago, the answer they gave me was, the valve cap is what keeps it from leaking. :roll:
“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-