Hi low side with proper amount of refrigerant

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Maroon i30
Read the full article

Hi low side with proper amount of refrigerant

Post by Maroon i30 »

I have an Infiniti i30 1996 which has same engine and components as a Nissan Maxima. Replaced expansion valve, filter and remanufactured compressor. I have evacuated and refilled ac system with proper amount of R134. System is cooling but not super cold air. Low side reads 55 psi, Hi side 95 psi . Prior to all of this systme was working OK,but not super cold. I had added refrigerant with sealer and another one with oil, so I think i have overfilled with oil because system did not cool after those additions. I put gauges on the system and found high side too high (65) so I reduced pressure and no cooling after that. During the parts replacements I flushed evaporator and condenser. New compressor had oil already in it. I have put in 20 oz refrigerant now in system with new components.

I suspect that I still have too much oil in the system or my remanufactured compressor is also bad. Air inside cabin is cool, but not super cold. Why are my readings so off still? Any advice?
Diametric

Re: Hi low side with proper amount of refrigerant

Post by Diametric »

Your readings seem to be too close together. Can you find the factory pressures for the temperatures in your area?

High side seems to low, low side seems too high.
Possibly poor performing compressor.

Too much oil can cause poor performance but not low or equalized pressures.

Also, I've always heard that using leak stoppers really gums up the system....reducing performance and it's nearly impossible to flush it out.
Maroon i30

Post by Maroon i30 »

Thanks for your advice. I am going to replace the re-manufactured compressor with a new one and start all over with the oil and refrigerant in the system.
Diametric

Post by Diametric »

You'll probably need to also change the expansion valve and definitely the receiver dryer.

It would also be helpful if you used a flush in the evap and condenser coils since they had stop leak in them.

Good luck.

Don't get stuck with Microsoft Air Conditioning........WINDOWS that is hee hee