A/C blows too cold? over cycling? Help!

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

braud26
Read the full article

Re: A/C blows too cold? over cycling? Help!

Post by braud26 »

Do you think this is a blockage some were like in the txv. The only thing i am not 100% confident about is the evaporator. I didnt take it out of dash to clean it; all i did was blow 150 psi air through it. I Put more oil down the evaporator and blew it out with air again.
braud26

Post by braud26 »

just to add it sweats water like a river. well not that bad but more than normal and right off the bat.
wascator

Post by wascator »

As the refrigerant leaks out, the evap temp will get lower as the suction pressure drops, and the clutch will cycle more frequently as it cuts out when the suction gets too low.
Common symptoms of low refrigerant charge, along with the evaporator icing up. After all it is getting colder.
braud26

Post by braud26 »

wascator wrote:As the refrigerant leaks out, the evap temp will get lower as the suction pressure drops, and the clutch will cycle more frequently as it cuts out when the suction gets too low.
Common symptoms of low refrigerant charge, along with the evaporator icing up. After all it is getting colder.
there is no leak. put guages on for 2 hours no change. and i charged it my self.