Flushing not recommended for newer cars

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Carman52
Read the full article

Flushing not recommended for newer cars

Post by Carman52 »

So recently I've read that its not possible to flush newer vehicles condensers due to the very narrow passages. Does anyone know what constitutes "newer" ?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Flushing not recommended for newer cars

Post by Cusser »

Carman52 wrote:So recently I've read that its not possible to flush newer vehicles condensers due to the very narrow passages. Does anyone know what constitutes "newer" ?
That could be true; however, I think more important is that modern parallel condensers could have a clog and the flush will just go around that using a different path and thus not flush.
HECAT

Re: Flushing not recommended for newer cars

Post by HECAT »

http://www.hecat-inc.com/condenserrvideo.html

The cleaning challenge is the modern micro tubes, which is basically anything that is not the older tube and fin design heat exchanger. So in this context we can say 80's are "older" and 90's and up are "newer".

So it is not recommended by a You-Tube authority (tic) and "you cannot flush them" is the term heavily promoted by those that wish to sell containers of condensers. No disrespect, they want to sell those condenses.

It is really not because because modern designs cannot be flushed (they most definitely can). It is because, if you are going to do it the way it has always been done since the turn of the 19th century (flushing a tube and fin heat exchanger with a 1 qt flush gun or to just pour in and blow out a solvent), its just not going to work out so well, and that is not recommended.
Karl Matis
www.hecatinc.com

Please support this Forum
Buy your A/C products at www.ackits.com