Adapter/Couplings To Connect Gauges

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, Dougflas, HECAT

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Adapter/Couplings To Connect Gauges

Postby carboman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:44 pm


First post here. I have a set of gauges that I need to connect to a Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Air assisted vac pump and to the refrigerant fill valve. I bought the adapters to connect the high and low side gauges to the high ad low side Schrader valves so no issues there. Just can't seem to find adapters for the vac pump and fill valve.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Vac Pump.PNG
Vac Pump.PNG (62.55 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Refrig Gauge Fill Valve.PNG
Refrig Gauge Fill Valve.PNG (107.54 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Fill Valve.PNG
Fill Valve.PNG (23.68 KiB) Viewed 849 times
User avatar
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:29 am

Re: Adapter/Couplings To Connect Gauges

Postby Cusser » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:49 am

Most vacuum pumps have two fittings (cap the one not used), a 1/4-inch male flare like R-12 used, and an R134a male Acme fitting.

I'd be surprised that your yellow line from your service gauges does not thread directly onto one of those.

Return to “Automotive Air Conditioning Forum”