no cold air

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

polyautobody
Read the full article

no cold air

Post by polyautobody »

I have a 2008 ram 3500 with 6.7 cummins in it. started it up this morning and have no cold air. hooked gauges up and theese were the readings. Static(engine off) low side 36. high side 36. engine running ac on max. low side was zero. high side was 110. i reved engine to ensure low side didnt pull vacume. it didnt, stayed at zero. Compressor is engaged and spinning whole time ac is on. it doesent cycle on or off. temp outside was 89 degrees and humidity was 65% any ideas on were i should start?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: no cold air

Post by Cusser »

polyautobody wrote: any ideas on were i should start?
Have a shop pull out the refrigerant and weigh it; if low, have the shop look for leaks.
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Post by GM Tech »

That 36 psi static was your first hint--unless it is about 36 degrees outside, you have about 4 ounces refrigerant in your 2+ pound system-- so adding charge will make it cool- but your leak needs to be fixed-- Would you add air to a low tire and call it fixed?
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

GM Tech wrote:That 36 psi static was your first hint--unless it is about 36 degrees outside, you have about 4 ounces refrigerant in your 2+ pound system-- so adding charge will make it cool- but your leak needs to be fixed-- Would you add air to a low tire and call it fixed?
Sure if my Dog brought me a bike pump to air up my tire.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum