2010 Buick Enclave

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

mule500
Read the full article

2010 Buick Enclave

Post by mule500 »

I am new to air conditioning repair and trying to teach myself. I do not have a good mentor to go to for advice. Have a 2010 Buick Enclave. Was out of freon. Checked for leaks and vacuum did not bleed of after a hour. SO I put some dye in and charged the system. Worked greAt for about a day. I can tell by the dye that the relief valve on the compressor activated and released the freon. So I looked at it again paying attention to the fans on the radiator. WHile charging the system the fans run but not at what I would consider high speed. Checked fuses and relays and all were good. I activated the fans with my scan tool and they worked on all 3 speeds. So I know the fans are good but not sure if the high speed is running while driving the vehicle. While driving it yesterday I was able to watch high pressure PSI and it was around 200 to 275 while driving. When stopped the pressure would climb to about 325 and the scan tool would tell me the fans kicked on and the pressure would drop back to the 225 to 275 range. Again driving the pressure would keep in the mid to high 200's. I did have a code P0480 in history but not current. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what my next action should be? I recharged the system and sent her on her way with instructions to give me exact conditions the next time the AC quits if it does.
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Re: 2010 Buick Enclave

Post by GM Tech »

2010 Traverse, Enclave, are known for high pressure hose leaks- from compressor to condenser. Also, they are known for evaporator leaks- look for dye drippage out evap drain underneath mid center on driver's side
mule500

Post by mule500 »

Thank you for the response. Basicly I was assuming the relief blew on the compressor due to the amount of dye in the area of it. Is it possible for the high pressure hose to leak but not show up when pulling and holding a vacuum? But only leak when the system is running and high pressure exist on the hose?. It ran for quite awhile in the shop when I recharged it Sunday and a considerable puddle developed at the drain and I did not see any indication of dye there. So I am going to assume at this time the evaporator is ok. At least I hope so!
mule500

Post by mule500 »

Just to follow up. I took GM TECH advice and studied the high pressure hose and when I moved it one way I could hear freon leaking. So thank you for the advice I replaced the hose and it appears to be fixed