Mazda CX-9 not cooling well

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

VegasGMC
Read the full article

Mazda CX-9 not cooling well

Post by VegasGMC »

I bought this used 6 months ago and having issues with a/c and would like to get some input before I make the dreaded trip to the dealership. Its a 2014 with 3.7v6 and 40k miles and auto air. A/C doesn't get very cold when out side temp is over 105f and it blows warm when ever I accelerate to pass or enter the freeway and blows cool at lights. On the days when its been 110 to 115 it doesn't get really cold on the freeway. I was actually sweating. Pressures are 60L-350H at 105 ambient at 1500rpm and center vent temp is 60f with laser thermometer. My last vehicle was a 2006 Nissan Xterra and I never had any of these issues. It even blew cold sitting in traffic in the summer. Thanks
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Re: Mazda CX-9 not cooling well

Post by bohica2xo »

Condenser airflow issue.

Fan(s) not operating at full speed, etc.

Something lodged between the condenser & radiator blocking airflow - I found a full sized dead rat in a fan shroud last winter here in Vegas. The nest with babies was between the radiator & condenser. Locked fan caused a MIL

VegasGMC

Re: Mazda CX-9 not cooling well

Post by VegasGMC »

Thanks. Under hood temps seem excessive to me. I burned my finger on the hood prop when I was checking pressures. Now that you mention it, the fans didn't seem the be blowing as hard as others I've dealt with.