Blown servo motor?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

DangerPea
Read the full article

Blown servo motor?

Post by DangerPea »

So I was having intermittent air. That is it worked when it wanted to. When it worked, it worked great. Replaced the motor resistor and blower motor. Why not, same location anyway. Now the blower motor works like a champ. However, I am getting very little air from the vents. A little more from the defrosters than the others. I am wondering if I blew the motor servo while splicing the wires back together. When I was replacing the last two wires, I got an arc from them touching. (and yes, that darn voice in my head told me to disconnect the neg cable from battery). :roll: I don't see any fuses related to my issue.

Any thoughts appreciated!

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with Automatic A/C control
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Blown servo motor?

Post by Cusser »

Danger: you state yours is a 2003 Grand Cherokee. Determine first if yours has electric servo motor or vacuum-operated servo "motor"(my 1984 Jeep Cherokee had vacuum-operated servo "motors").

Yes, sounds like the air is getting deflected to the windshield or under the dash instead of coming out the vents, why I replaced the servo motors in my 1984. But if you saw a spark, I'd think it was more likely to have blown a fuse then burnt out a working electrical servo; but if the AC and blower all work and the servo is electric and not working, sounds like you are on the right track.