Diagnosing ac problem 2007 jeep liberty

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Jonathan_walker
Read the full article

Diagnosing ac problem 2007 jeep liberty

Post by Jonathan_walker »

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some tips on identifying the problem with my 2007 jeep liberty's ac system.

I'll start with the heat in this vehicle works well, blower motor functions well on all settings. But with ac on coldest/highest setting, temperature is not cold.

I assumed the system was just in need of a charge but the gauge from my ac pro can shows that I have a good charge on the system. The compressor clutch seems to be engaging properly. Also I should mention that the high pressure line is hot to the touch and the low pressure line is nice and cold to the touch.

Does this mean that maybe the condenser or evaporator coil is bad?

I'm new to the forum and inexperienced with fixing problems with ac. I do not have the proper ac tools. I would consider investing in the proper tools if I feel it would be a smart move. I realize that if indeed I do need to replace the evaporator coil I'm in for a big job and maybe it's better to take it to a shop.

I try to be as much diy as i can be and any knowledge I can gain on this topic would be a plus. Thanks for reading and I really hope to get some feedback!
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Diagnosing ac problem 2007 jeep liberty

Post by Cusser »

Jonathan_walker wrote:I assumed the system was just in need of a charge but the gauge from my ac pro can shows that I have a good charge on the system.
Good, you didn't add any more AC Pro. You can't tell anything about the refrigerant level using that, and tough even with real service gauges for both low and high sides. The only real way to determine charge level is for a pro to evacuate and weigh the refrigerant. Hopefully, you've never added and "sealers" they typically can cause damage.

And a pro could find out whether air is getting diverted and heat added, etc. I'm NOT a pro, but it appears from what I read that the compressor is actually engaging but there is poor cooling. You that needs to be diagnosed.