Condenser lines

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

greenquark
Read the full article

Condenser lines

Post by greenquark »

The line getting into the condenser is hot (not warm but hot). The same line leaving the condenser is somehow cool.. Not cool but definitely colder than ambient.

Is this the way it supposed to be?
Last edited by greenquark on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Re: Condenser lines

Post by GM Tech »

Depends on the vehicle- all GM trucks (front only systems) have their expansion device (OT) in condenser outlet- so yes, condenser line to evaporator will be cool---Most cars have their expansion devices at entrance to evaporator, so no, it should be warm---A condenser restriction can act as an expansion device as well-- causing a cool pipe...
greenquark

Post by greenquark »

GM Tech wrote:Depends on the vehicle- all GM trucks (front only systems) have their expansion device (OT) in condenser outlet- so yes, condenser line to evaporator will be cool---Most cars have their expansion devices at entrance to evaporator, so no, it should be warm---A condenser restriction can act as an expansion device as well-- causing a cool pipe...
it is a honda. expansion valve is in the evaporator. After the freon leaving the condenser , it goes to the dryer then the evaporator. If there is a restriction in the condenser. Could I still see liquid state freon on the sight-glass on top of the dryer ? I see liquid on the sight-glass. not even bubbles.
mk378

Post by mk378 »

Forums work better if people don't start new threads about the same problem they're having. Bump up your original thread with any new findings.
greenquark

Post by greenquark »

mk378 wrote:Forums work better if people don't start new threads about the same problem they're having. Bump up your original thread with any new findings.

I am sorry about this. I cut this discussion and pasted in the other question I asked which refers to the same car.

Please delete this post. I tried to do it myself, but I could not.

My apologies.