NOISES AFTER REPLACING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, Dougflas, HECAT

ROCASAN

NOISES AFTER REPLACING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

Postby ROCASAN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 am

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS.- On March 22, 2017, I took my car to the Sears Auto Center in Plantation, Florida, as the compressor quit working. Sears sales advisor said that I needed replacement of the Air conditioning system (6-component-kit), as I agreed. It took 4 hours to do the work.

That placed is located 30 minutes from where I live.

The air conditioner was working fine until March 24, 2017, and after this date, when I was driving, and from time to time I was getting HOT air for a while and then changed to COOL air, back and forth.

I went again to Sears Auto Center and explained the situation to the Sales advisor and the manager and I was told it would take to check this out. It took 2 hours.

. It sounds like it coffee percolator.

Because the way these Sears employees were very apprehensive with this 85-year-old fellow, I am afraid or scare to go back to that place, besides the waiting time and the driving time.

The cost of these air conditioning system replacement was about $700.00.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Cusser

Re: NOISES AFTER REPLACING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

Postby Cusser » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:04 am

Hopefully you paid by credit card (all repairs should be done with credit card). Tell Sears to fix it right, and soon, or you'll dispute the charge with the credit card company. You paid for a repair, not a guess/hack job.

So this falls under unjust enrichment statutes. You paid for a repair, so you need to receive a repair.
Dougflas

Postby Dougflas » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:40 am

Can you state what parts were replaced? Back then, Fords had bad cycling switches, compressors, and I think they had blend door problems. The noise you hear may be the system equalizing. If possible, check and see if the center hub of the compressor is turning when it is blowing hot air.
ROCASAN

Postby ROCASAN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 am

After the second time I took my car, the air conditioning system was cooling off fine.

All the air conditioning components were replaced.
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Impossible to say without more data.

System Pressure readings and how much refrigerant is in the system would be the first place I look.

I would bet they have a leak in the system or did not remove the old oil/debris.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.
P:602-233-0090
ROCASAN

Postby ROCASAN » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:05 am

Yesterday I was getting the noises again, on an off, so stopped the car, open the hood and find out that the noises came from the drier. The air conditioner is working fine :roll: :roll: It is very difficult to take the car to the Air conditioner mechanic as theses noises are intermittent. :?: :?: :?:
Dougflas

Postby Dougflas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Can you record it with your phone?
ROCASAN

Postby ROCASAN » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:00 pm

I tried to record the noises in my cellphone but did not work. Day before yesterday and yesterday I did not get any noises :P
Today I went out for one hour and got noises, some noises are like "rev" in a race track :roll:
ROCASAN

Postby ROCASAN » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Today I decided to drive the car without air conditioner, so I did it for about 30 minutes with NO NOISES.

Then I turned the Air conditioner on and I was surprised to get HOT AIR for about 30 minutes and then COLD AIR - no noises.
DarrylS

Postby DarrylS » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:07 am

Sounds like they left some trash in the system and you have a restriction in the metering device. (I think these old fords just have a orfice tube?) They will have to take the system back apart and clean or replace the metering device. Sears should take care of this for you.

Return to “Automotive Air Conditioning Forum”