NOISES AFTER REPLACING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Cusser
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: NOISES AFTER REPLACING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

Post by Cusser »

Hopefully you paid by credit card (all repairs should be done with credit card). Tell Sears to fix it right, and soon, or you'll dispute the charge with the credit card company. You paid for a repair, not a guess/hack job.

So this falls under unjust enrichment statutes. You paid for a repair, so you need to receive a repair.
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Can you state what parts were replaced? Back then, Fords had bad cycling switches, compressors, and I think they had blend door problems. The noise you hear may be the system equalizing. If possible, check and see if the center hub of the compressor is turning when it is blowing hot air.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Impossible to say without more data.

System Pressure readings and how much refrigerant is in the system would be the first place I look.

I would bet they have a leak in the system or did not remove the old oil/debris.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Can you record it with your phone?
DarrylS

Post by DarrylS »

Sounds like they left some trash in the system and you have a restriction in the metering device. (I think these old fords just have a orfice tube?) They will have to take the system back apart and clean or replace the metering device. Sears should take care of this for you.
ROCASAN

Post by ROCASAN »

After so many weeks I got the air conditioner in my car running smooth. The AC mechanic heard the noise coming from the drier. He disconnected the hose to the drier and found the "insert" located between the hose and the drier was broken. The "insert" was replaced and I do not have to go back to Sears Auto Center.

I want to check with you one more thing:

Sears Auto Center of Plantation charged me for parts (A/c compressor, Drier, and Orifice tube) $395.00 ! Is this an overcharge?

I called last week to Sears Customer Service and my request was escalated to a Supervisor (?) and offered me $50.00 credit after debating the issue . I felt that it was not good enough but I accepted.

Please let me have your thoughts.

Thank you.
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Take the $50.00 and do not return to Sears. AC is now repaired so enjoy it. Life goes on.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

ROCASAN wrote:I want to check with you one more thing:

Sears Auto Center of Plantation charged me for parts (A/c compressor, Drier, and Orifice tube) $395.00 ! Is this an overcharge?
$395 for new compressor, Drier, and Orifice tube is not excessive at all.
WalterBurton

Post by WalterBurton »

I am also facing same problem.