1987 GMC liquid line issue

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Leroy22
Read the full article

1987 GMC liquid line issue

Post by Leroy22 »

I'm installing factory ac in a 1987 gmc sierra that came without ac, taking the parts from a junk yard truck. ive found and installed all parts except the ac hoses.
I installed original 1987 condenser,evaperator but upgraded to a sanden 508 compressor.
The sanden has usa thread but would you believe the condenser,evap have metric thread,what were they thinking?
i was able to buy the original hose replacement for the suction,discharge lines which have the metric fittings for the cond,evap and ive found crimp on fittings to change for the sanden.
BUT I'm having no luck finding the liquid line which has metric on both ends.

my question does anyone know were to go?
ive checked a lot of yards but these old square body trucks have been picked over pretty good now days

thanks
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: 1987 GMC liquid line issue

Post by Cusser »

A machine shop or "real" automotive AC shop should be able to custom make such liquid line if there is not one available. Ackits.com sponsors this site, someone from there will likely respond if they can supply this.
Leroy22

Post by Leroy22 »

ive looked for a shop in my area and can't find any that actually can or will even try to make the hoses I need.there are a couple that do ac but not make hoses. I wanted to have someone fab all the hoses but had to do it my self.
I live in a town of 650 people and the nearest city is small to, great way to live until you need something that can't be shipped in,
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You will need to figure the correct fittings and hose length. If so there are places that will make the hose with the data you provide. But no return or exchanges. If you get a fitting wrong, you pay for another hose to be built.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

1987? You should consider all new hoses.