07 Chevy HHR Low Side Service Port

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

coolperk
Read the full article

07 Chevy HHR Low Side Service Port

Post by coolperk »

I have a leak at the low side service port. I have tried valve cores from 3 different sources. I tried tightening the valve core to spec, under tightening, over tightening, still leaks. Core appears centered, not cross threaded or anything. The port is part of the hose-line. Is there any tricks or tips I can try before I replace the hose-line. I have the tool to change the core without losing refrigerant but after 2 weeks it's all leaked out. Thanks for any tips.
Dougflas

Re: 07 Chevy HHR Low Side Service Port

Post by Dougflas »

The valve core is actually the secondary seal. The cap is the primary seal. Are your caps in place? do they have a rubber seal in them?
coolperk

Post by coolperk »

Yes, I've replaced the cap and it came with an 0-ring. The caps are made of plastic like most cars. My leak detector shows a leak on the low side port. The high side shows no leak.
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Post by GM Tech »

Does it show the leak with the cap on? To test my leak detector- I take the cap off.
DarrylS

Post by DarrylS »

I like to use a product called NYLOG whenever I install any AC O-rings / schrader valves / service port seals or other parts. The stuff is amazing GIT U SUM I keep both red and blue on hand. The red is for R134A and R410 types systems and the blue is typically used for the older R22 and R12