1969 Caprice/Comfortron/Transducer

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

miket007
Read the full article

1969 Caprice/Comfortron/Transducer

Post by miket007 »

Greetings-

I have a low mileage all original 69 Caprice for which I am troubleshooting the comfortron system. I am hoping there may be some knoweldgeable folks that can assist. Without going into a long story, the topic of the moment is the transducer on the pass side near the programmer. Previous owner had by passed it, this morning a I removed the transducer and performed a delicate disassembly to see if it was bad. Sure enough the center wire that runs through the tube was completely coiled up inside and disconnected from both ends. My question is whether anyone knows how and where this thin metal wire connected at both ends. I don't see signs that it burned like a light bulb filament....any help would be really appreciated.
Dougflas

Re: 1969 Caprice/Comfortron/Transducer

Post by Dougflas »

You are testing my memory which I probably will fail. The transducer has 2 wires. Tan goes to the amplifier. I think it is an 18ga wire. The other gets grounded and is a 20 ga wire. I am guessing the size of the wires but the tan one is marked 18T and the other is marked 20B
miket007

Post by miket007 »

Dougflas-

Thanks for responding...

It was the filament wire inside the transducer I was asking about and should have made that clear. It doesn't matter at this point as the rubber diaphragm inside is ripped so the Transducer must be replaced as an assembly.
miket007

Post by miket007 »

miket007

Post by miket007 »

Well found a new upgrade replacement...working on getting it back together.