2012 Chevy Traverse Compressor Question?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Dave00
Read the full article

2012 Chevy Traverse Compressor Question?

Post by Dave00 »

Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I needed more expert advise on the issues I'm having. I have a 2012 Traverse and the AC has a very slow leak causing the system to slowly loose pressure over a matter of months. I've put dye in the system and used a electronic sniffer and have traced the leak to the high pressure relief valve on the bottom of the compressor. I've checked all the typical culprits - evap core(s), condenser, high pressure lines and fittings, Schrader valves (high and low side ports) and the only one that shows any leak is this relief valve. Here is a pic of what I'm looking at:

Is this valve serviceable on this compressor as I cannot seem to find one for this compressor, but I'm finding it for all other makes and models out there. Any advise is much appreciated.
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Re: 2012 Chevy Traverse Compressor Question?

Post by GM Tech »

It is my experience that all relief valves are universal- will fit most any compressor- threads are the same, o-rings match...try a used one off a scrap compressor- or a core compressor at the dealer...should work
Dave00

Post by Dave00 »

Thank you GM Tech, have you seen these go bad that often as it looks to be a slow leak as the system did not over pressure to blow the valve one and done? I've gone over and over the system and can't find anything else leaking and this doesn't seem to be a typical point of failure, should I be looking the compressor as well?
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Post by GM Tech »

Never seen one go bad---but if there is dye there- it did not get there any other way- but a leak---change it out..