2011 Ford Focus

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Bigcountry21
Read the full article

2011 Ford Focus

Post by Bigcountry21 »

Hi can someone tell me where the high side port in on a 2011 Ford Focus? Also what is the correct charge of R134 for this vechile. Thanks in advance.

Michael
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: 2011 Ford Focus

Post by Cusser »

If your system is low on refrigerant, then you have a leak, which must be fixed. Don't go adding those miracle sealers in a can, you'll ruin the system.

You don't sound that experienced, take it to a pro.
Bigcountry21

Post by Bigcountry21 »

If you can't answer my question don't comment. I found the high side port and correct charge for the vehicle. I also leaked tested with nitrogen and pulled a vacuum. I charged with 18 oz. A/c now is working correctly.

The problem was a pro shop over charged the system and jacked around the customer selling one of those 50.00 summer A/C checks. The customer happens to be a family member. I am retired mechanic of 30 years and at time of posting didn't have access to my computer to look up info. I am a long time member of ackits forms and have bought lots of parts from them over years and used the forum to help others and to get help. I just have not been on here since the new site upgrade. The high side port was under a small access cover next to passanger headlight. Some of the older focus car you had to remove the fender well to get to the low side port.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

Bigcountry21 wrote:If you can't answer my question don't comment.
If you can't include all the details in your post, don't ask for help here !!! Might have been helpful to know that a $50 wave the hands service had been performed. Maybe you should take over the service of this vehicle.
wptski

Post by wptski »

Cusser wrote:
Bigcountry21 wrote:If you can't answer my question don't comment.
If you can't include all the details in your post, don't ask for help here !!!
It's easy to sit back and say such things but most don't do a detailed analysis of a system before post here and start with a quick question. Chill out!
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Everyone is welcome here! Providing details makes for a more informative response from others.

Glad you found your answers and have a working system again. Will try and add some features this winter to help our posters with their questions.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
wptski

Post by wptski »

Tim wrote:Everyone is welcome here! Providing details makes for a more informative response from others.

Glad you found your answers and have a working system again. Will try and add some features this winter to help our posters with their questions.
This is another case of what happens in almost every other forum! They actually go Off Topic from the get go. The OP asked where is the high side port and the first reply has nothing to do with the question plus being a tad on the rude side.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

If you can't stand the heat...turn on the AC !!!