2006 GMC Sierra

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Levicain82
Read the full article

Re: 2006 GMC Sierra

Post by Levicain82 »

I will check that out asap that helps out a lot. I will let you know what I find out
wptski

Post by wptski »

Levicain82 wrote:I will check that out asap that helps out a lot. I will let you know what I find out
You either have to back probe the connector which is sometimes impossible on some or pierce the wires.
Metal Man

Post by Metal Man »

Levicain82 wrote:I have a2006 GMC Sierra with a 5.3 I have no power going to the a/c compressor or high pressure switch I have replaced all fuses and relays plus replaced control panel freon levels are good had that checked low pressure switch has been jumped and have good ground on compressor and high pressure switch I can jump relay and engage clutch on compressor what am I missing ????
I just got done battling the same problem on an 06 Chevy with a 4.3. On the 4.3 engine the compressor is mounted top left side of engine with the 3 prong pressure transducer in the high side line close to the compressor. Problem with mine was right were the small 3 wire transducer harness joined the main engine harness I had a break in the wires. The harness was rubbing against the valve cover and over the years rubbed completely through the signal wire and rubbed the shield off the ground wire and 5 volt reference wire. Was an easy fix but took my awhile to track it down.