Refrigerant Type: r134a
Pressure Low: 40
Pressure High: 150
Country of Origin: United States
I was looking at a friend's Subie today that isn't blowing cold and I'm a little stumped as to why. I'm kinda a noob at diagnosing ac problems, but here's what I observed so far:
- Compressor kicked on (and stayed) on when ac was turned on.
- With engine running, low side pressure was at 40psi & high was at 150psi. Ambient temperature was about 70degree F.
- Low side line from compressor did not feel as cold to the touch as it should be.
- Condenser fan was working.
- Temp from vents did not change whether car was moving or sitting still.
- Low side and high side pressure equalized when engine turned off.
Could anyone suggest what I might check for next? Hope this hasn't been asked a gazillion times already. I searched the threads here, but didn't find much.
Thanks in advance.
open doors, run engine at 1500 rpm, then give us all the info.
Thanks, I'll do that.
Got a chance to recheck it yesterday at 1500rpm. Low was 10-15psi; High was 130psi. Compressor clicked off just for a moment during the 5 mins I was looking at it.
Think I should add refrigerant?
We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum
Copyright © 2016 Arizona Mobile Air Inc.