Engine Size: 1.9L
Refrigerant Type: 134
Ambient Temp: 80
Pressure Low: 70
Pressure High: 60
Country of Origin: United States
I have a retro1992 saturn that I have replaced the drier,condenser,expansion valve, and re-built compressor.Low side around 70psi
and high around 60, no high pressure. Flushed evaporator and blew with air, pulled vacuum but no luck.I have tried three
compressors. One from a salvage yard and two re-built. Is there an issue with rebuilt compressors? Too much oil?around 6 ounces
I have to jump start the compressor from the battery until around 50 psi high side but it does not get any higher than 60psi.
thinking of getting a shop to look at it.The original compressor was reading 300-400 at times should have been around 200 but It
stopped reading anything and so began my adventure. I was told that re-built compressors are not a good deal? What"s next?
What led to the original compressor replacement? Getting 400 psi out of a compressor means that it is working, but something else is wrong.
Variable compressors can do strange things when not fully charged. Ideally a charging machine would be used to ensure there is a full charge, then evaluate performance. At home, hold cans upside down with the engine off and charge as much as you can as liquid before starting. It should not be necessary to jump anything.
Edited: Wed April 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM by mk378
Don't know what happened. Was reading then stopped like something locked up inside. When freon is added, low side goes up to about
90psi but high side stays low
I remember that the original problem was a busted high pressure hose. After replacing no more compressor.
I took the car to a a/c shop. Turns out that the problem was the new high pressure hose. The guy said that it cut off the air pressure
coming from the compressor because it went too far into the hole where it hooks up. They put an adaptor (I think washer) so the
pressure can come out. I believe they sold me the wrong hose probably because the housing is 1/4 in taller than the original hose.Most parts require either a 7 or a 9 vin no in the eight position. They did not ask when I bought the hose.If I had been thinking I would have
realized that all this started after installing the new high pressure hose.I spent about $800 fixing this.Expensive lesson but I have a new
thanks I got solved. The problem was the hose. I think it's the wrong part but it fit
We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum
Copyright © 2016 Arizona Mobile Air Inc.