Automotive Air Conditioning Information Forum (Archives)

Provided by

We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum

Archive Home

Search Auto AC Forum Archives

Hose Crimp Question

clindahl on Mon February 15, 2010 11:47 AM User is offline

Year: 1994
Make: Ford
Model: Aerostar
Engine Size: 4.0L
Country of Origin: United States

Hello fellow A/C Folks!

I need to repair and or replace a flexible hose section in the middle of a metal line on a 1994 Ford Aerostar. The host isn't readily avaiable, I'm sure I can find it if need be, but I enjoy doing things my self, so here goes -

I was looking at the 71550 - Hydra-Krimp (Basic Crimper) for purchase. What style hose ends do I need to replace on the metal tube for the crimp to be successful. From my reading there are two styles, a barb fitting and a beadlock fitting.

From my reading and searching online I need to remove the existing fitting (cut it off with a tubing cutter) and braze back on a new fitting. The tube is steel, and replacement fittings will be steel - depending on which style I need. I will be using barrier hose (standard not reduced wall) for the R134a system.

Thanks for any help you can provide!


TRB on Mon February 15, 2010 12:01 PM User is offlineView users profile

In the last few tables in the link provided are the ends needed to replace a hose section. Size and tubing type is what you need to keep in mind.


Mastercool crimper is a good choice.


When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you:

Back to Automotive Air Conditioning Forum

We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum

Archive Home

Copyright © 2016 Arizona Mobile Air Inc.