Engine Size: v6
Refrigerant Type: rum
Ambient Temp: 73
Pressure Low: 175
Pressure High: 65
Country of Origin: Zimbabwe
My Dakota was outta' R-134a gas.
I added gas and worked my way up to eventually adding about 30oz of r-134a, that's when my gauge readings went to 175/65. Then I added just a little more gas like 2 oz. The high side went to 400 immediately. Low side to 20. First I thought bad gauges but the compressor/clutch is showing signs of high head pressure and the line/hose is very hot to the touch. So I shut her down.
So since it isn't blowing cold yet, my efforts must of been wasted, it obviously must not of fixed the thing. Does anyone have a suggestion to me as to what I did wrong, or right ? What I should try next? Did I break it more?
Thank you for any help. MiMi
Did you pump the system down before adding refrigerant? System calls for 32 ounces of R134a. If a proper vacuum was pulled and you're having pressure issues you need check for a air flow issue for starters. More details as to why the compressor needed changing and the procedures you followed in doing so could help understand what is going on with your system.
I believe that is one of the Dodge models that is very prone to evaporator leaks. So that's likely where your R-134a went. If you found the pressure at zero when you started it could also have been full of air.
Hopefully you didn't use any sort of sealer. It doesn't work like they say it will. It will ruin your system, and it will still leak. Only plain R-134a, oil, and UV dye should ever be in your lines.
A sudden increase in pressure could also be because the condenser fan is not working.
We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum
Copyright © 2016 Arizona Mobile Air Inc.